Ballarat will ring in the 2018 cycling new year with the battle for the green and gold jersey at the FedUni Road National Championships!
This year will feature a refreshing new line-up of cycling and community events, for elite, para-cycling and participation riders and cycling fans alike!
2018 is going to be the biggest Nationals to date, and we need your help to make it unforgettable!
Roles on Offer:
- Workforce Assistant: Facilitate the check-in and check-out process of event volunteers. Perform uniform and meal distribution processes, Answer any general enquiries/assist with briefings, Support the Workforce Manager in other duties as required such as volunteer redeployment, volunteer roster changes, and volunteer absenteeism.
- Course Marshal: Help ensure the safety of the event. You will be assigned to designated areas along the race course to help ensure that, throughout the race, the course is safe for riders to compete on. We encourage you to have a book and picnic chair so you can be comfortable throughout your shift.
- Signage Assistant: Install the mesh signage outlined in the signage plan. Signage will need to be as accurate as possible when positioning.
- Parking Marshal: Assist all competitors and spectators into the designated car spaces and ensure the whole area is utilised efficiently.
- Pedestrian Crossing Marshal: Assist spectators and public with safely crossing the road, while also ensuring the safety of the cyclists
- General Assistance: This role is perfect for our all-rounders. If you are happy to do any job throughout the day, this is for you! On the day, you could be doing a range of jobs including signage assistant, course or parking marshal or working at the pedestrian crossings.
What We Will Provide:
Welfare of our volunteers is paramount and as such, all volunteers for the event will receive:
- T-shirt, cap and hi-vis vest
- Pre-event training – also at check-in, volunteers will receive a briefing and be shown their allocated location and specific duties.
- Public liability insurance
- An exclusive group photo with the 2018 FedUni Road Nationals Champion
Follow these simple steps to get involved
1. Simply go this website: https://gtr.rosterfy.co/register
2. Pick which shift you’d like, and
3. Presto! You’re done!
We’re looking at making this the biggest RoadNats yet – and we’re looking to the people of Ballarat and the surrounding areas to help us make that dream come true!
See you in Ballarat!