APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
AusCycling will be offering two types of accreditations for the 2021 Federation University Road National Championships – On-Site and Virtual.
All requests for media accreditation at the AusCycling 2021 Federation University Road National Championships including photographers, videographers and journalists, must apply via the form below BY JANUARY 31.
AusCycling will be offering virtual accreditations which will include online access to official photos, video, audio and event recaps from the Championships.
ON-SITE MEDIA ACCREDITATIONS / ACCESS
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the number of On-Site media accreditation places will be limited.
- Media Centre – No on-site media centre will be in operation during the Championships
- Field of Play – Access to the field of play will be limited to the official event photographer only
- Photographer Areas – will be set up on the sides of the finish lines of the road race and criterium (behind barrier fencing) for all accredited photographers, plus the front of the podium for medal ceremonies
- Athlete interview area – the post-medal ceremonies interview area will be accessible by written/online journalists only.
- Media car – No media car will be available – media will need to access the course on foot or via side roads – no media accreditations are available for personal media cars.
On-Site Media Accreditation will only be approved for professional or commissioned journalists, photographers or videographers, working for a major commercial media outlet (print and online), recognised cycling media, community media, UCI or NRS team media, or those officially appointed or approved by AusCycling.
- Freelancers – must provide clear documentation that they are on assignment from a recognised outlet.
- Photographers – will be capped to one per outlet unless otherwise approved by AusCycling.
- Videographers – due to broadcast arrangements, videographer applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis only after a proposal detailing the type of content (i.e. team media, promotional, documentary) and scope of the videography project is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other (blogs, podcasts etc) – must provide evidence that their site/channels, the content produced and the reach/exposure is significant and relevant to the industry.
- Team Med-a – submit letter of commission or similar.
Approved On-Site media will be required to adhere to COVID-19 safe practices. Details will be provided to on-site media following approval of accreditation.